This system with tyvek hood was designed for painters/refinishers when cartridge type respirators are not allowed or clog too quickly (spraying isocyanates, stripping finishes, sanding body filler, using cyanoacrylates, etc.) It provides full coverage of exposed skin on the face and neck. Glasses and facial hair can be worn comfortably under the hood. Lens covers should be used to protect the lens from overspray. The bib should be tucked inside the protective garment/coveralls.
The system consists of:
- High capacity, portable 1000 watt 120 VAC electric air turbine w/thermal overload protection
- Bypass, tangential discharge air turbine
- Rheostat dial allows you to control the amount of air flow
- Does not heat up your breathing air!
- 25' length of 3/4" non-toxic kink proof (phthalate free) lightweight high flex air hose (other lengths available)
- Reinforced breathing tube w/quick connector
- 2" wide nylon web belt adjustable from 34-72" w/snap connector
- Reusable Tyvek hood w/acetate lens, bib for splash protection and adjustable headband
- 5 stick-on lens protectors
- Full 1 Year Warranty!
The system will provide safe, cool, filtered breathing air for one user at up to 400' air hose length.
This system HAS NOT been submitted for NIOSH approval.
The air pump must be placed in an area with at least Grade "D" breathable air
Frequently asked Questions
When do I need to use a supplied air system? And which face mask/hood option should I get, is one safer than another?
- It is recommended that you use supplied air for breathing anytime you are applying finishes that contain isocyanates, are working with toxic chemicals or gases that are not filtered by cartridge type respirators, such as methylene chloride, or carbon monoxide, or are in a very dusty environment and a cartridge type respirator will quickly become clogged.
- You should use supplied air when working in contaminated areas – such as when working in mold contaminated areas, applying foam insulation, sandblasting or welding
- You must use a supplied air respirator when working in IDLH (immediate danger to life or health) environments.
- All of our facepieces/headpieces when supplied by proper airflow from the turbine air pump will provide adequate breathing air. A hood is generally preferred for spray painting, because it covers the entire head and upper torso, has a wide field of vision, and can be worn over glasses or facial hair. A half mask is preferred when eye or skin protection is not required. A full face mask provides eye protection, and is held tightly to the face, so it is preferred if the worker will be horizontal, or climbing around in an environment in which a hood might be pulled off. A helmet w/visor is preferred when there is danger of flying particles or debris, such as in sanding or grinding operations.
Why should I trust the Breathe-cool® brand?
- We have sold thousands of the Breathe-cool® units since we started the business in 2004, originally through eBay, then later through our web store and Amazon.com storefront. We have thousands of positive feedbacks from these various sites.
- It is the only product of its kind that will provide enough air flow at 400' of airline hose, and yet will not blast out a user at only 25' of air line hose. The user controls the amount of airflow with a variable flow control knob.
- We have the best warranty in the industry, period.
- We guarantee the absolute best value in the industry because we designed, tested, and sourced all the production ourselves. You are getting wholesale pricing with retail service.
Does your system heat the air like other systems I have used?
- No, the air is not heated, nor is it shared with the air that cools the motor. It stays at room temperature due to a process called adiabatic cooling, and because the turbine impellers are made of aluminum that has a very low specific heat coefficient.
Does the system comply with NIOSH requirements for airflow?
- Yes, all of our products exceed the NIOSH airflow requirements. NIOSH requires 4 cfm (cubic feet/minute) for a tight fitting facepiece, and 6 cfm for a loose fitting hood.
Why is there no NIOSH approval for this system?
- The NIOSH approval process is optional, and no competitors in this price range have such approval. NIOSH approval requires detailed documentation and testing that we have chosen not to pursue.
Can I get a different length air hose?
- Yes, we can make the air hose any length you desire. Anything longer than 25 feet is an extra $1.00 per foot. We cut hose in multiples of 25’ only.
Can you sell me just the turbine (facepiece)?
- Yes, we do sell all components in our web store.
Your competitors offer a 90-day warranty, while your systems carry a full 1-year warranty. Why is that?
- We believe in standing behind our product. If we didn’t believe in it, we wouldn’t be selling it.
How can you sell these units at such a low price?
- Make no mistake, these are high quality units with better specifications than the competition. They work better, are safer, last longer and are better warranted.
- Our costs are lower because we designed the units, and are the exclusive source. This is what we do. There is no middleman, and our costs relate to creating great product, not big advertising.
Why would I choose a supplied air pump over the systems that work from compressed air?
- A supplied air system offers less opportunity to breathe contaminants that may exist in compressed air systems. Compressed air may contain oils, chemicals or carbon monoxide, therefore, compressed air requires extensive filtration before it can be used for breathing air. Our supplied air system simply takes clean, fresh air and pumps it to your hood/mask/helmet. For even greater protection, we offer an optional in-line HEPA filter. In addition, Breathe-cool® supplied air systems are very portable, unlike a bulky air compressor.
Used the system twice already, once for painting, and once for sand blasting. bought two different hoods, one for blasting and one for painting. I just switch the air hose between them. Worked great for both jobs. kept me clean, and supplied with fresh air. Had no problems at all.
Affordable and simple to use. I placed the hood on, then a button up Fred Rogers style sweater to secure the hood in place below the neck line. A safety pin pulled it all together at my wish bone area. Blows cool air and NO fumes. Wear a sweat band, cuz you cant wipe your eyes. Refer this to your Goomba buddys who are breathing in fumes of mortality. buy one for a group. Just don't suck this crap into your lungs !! The customer service at Turbine Products is excellent. They really helped with all my questions regarding the Respirator and the A301 HVLP paint system, which I love. The guy I keep getting on the phone knows the product as well as the process, and really helped me finnish the job.
Tried it the first time today. The cool fresh air is wonderful and more comfortable than a regular charcoal cartridge resperator. 4 stars becsuse the headband in the hood didn't work initially. The hook and loop fastener came with hooks on both sides so wouldn't fasten. Fortunately I had some extra loop material and fixed it. The front len is not as clear as I would like. Even so, i will be using it.
I'm a first time painter & im doing this in my garage. The unit has worked great for me although as of this writing today is the first time using it. It's comfortable and the air is so refreshing. Today is a hot day (91) in Chicago but I couldn't tell with that air stream filling the hood. Yeah the paint gun & the fresh air hoses get a little tangled but I expect that. 4 not 5 stars
is only because the air pumps shut off on me about 5-6 times while I was painting and I don't know why. A simple flip of the switch off & back on and it runs great again. The design of the entire system looks like a lot of thinking into designing an effective yet budget friendly unit. I hope to get more uses out of it because I really like it so far!
Exactly as advertised, appreciated the thrown in power adapter. Very confidence inspiring feel a lot more comfortable about tackling some upcoming projects later this year!
Used it the other day and worked better than hoped/expected for the price. I wish the hood was somehow easier to get on because I wear glasses. But, it is still so much better than expected.
Having a major project coming up where I wanted better protection from sanding dust, I searched
the Internet for something better then the local hardware stores have for sell.
When I received the Breathecool II Supplied Air System w/tyvek hood I was very pleased with the
quality of this system and now my project will be much more tolerable for me, after seeing how well
this unit works it will come in handy for other projects in the future.